Tuesday, February 03, 2004

 

Getting it in Perspective

Steve and I are trying our best to pull together all of the paperwork that is left... had our 2" photos taken and placed in "little white folders", received the employment letter from my work, checked to be sure all of the reference letters were received by our references... And there are times when I am totally overwhelmed by waiting for miscellaneous paperwork to be collected. It's a control issue, I'm sure.

Getting it in Perspective... Back in November, I discovered "China Adoption Stories" on the internet. The Miller family caught my attention because they were all finished with paperwork and had only the waiting left for the referral. I followed the family by checking the website periodically.... I saw the referral arrive in November.... saw the travel arrangements come in December... and watched the January calendar as they traveled to pick up their baby. Yesterday I turned to the web site one more time to see if there was any baby news. There was...

As I clicked to the pictures of the China trip, I was reminded of our goal. I turned to the slide show without words (all 210 beautiful photographs) and remembered why we are doing this long, and tedious process. There before me was the visual history of the amazing mystery of adoption, an alone little girl on the other side of the world lovingly united with a mom and dad on our side of the planet who had waited and waited and waited...

It was just the encouragement I needed to keep going. So today I'll begin cleaning the house for the home study... better start upstairs where we don't live much because our social worker doesn't come for a week.

(If you want to view the slide show I saw, http://www.familymiller.homestead.com/)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?