Saturday, March 20, 2004

 

Spring Saturday

I've decided to start a new category - "While We Were Waiting"... a log of memorable days as we wait for our girl(s) to come home.

This morning I did a very unusual thing for a Saturday. Steve teases me about popping out of bed as early on a Saturday as school day. But this morning, I got out of bed at about 8:00 to make lattes and then went back to bed until until 11:30 when I finished a book by Anne Tyler, The Amateur Marriage. What a great read! It was worded as carefully as a folk song - I loved it! At one moment, at the end of the 6th chapter, I gasped at her genius in writing and the perfect timing of a phrase. Not telling anymore! You'll have to read it!

In the afternoon, Steve and I both worked outside for awhile. The forsythia are blooming, the daffodils are in full bloom, and the hostas are poking through the ground already. Since I had not cleaned up leaves at all in the fall, I have filled about 6 bags of leaves already. But it is invigorating to be in the sunshine of spring.

Next year this time, we should be waiting for our travel plans to China.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?