Friday, May 28, 2004

 

Finally the Form

My cell phone buzzed on my desk with only two minutes left until the final bell of a long last full week of fifth grade. The kids yelled, "Your phone is buzzing, Mrs. Griffith!" I thought I should just let it go, but then remembered I wanted to tell Steve something. I decided to pick up!

" I have bad news" .... (I knew this was in regard to the 171-H form ... But by this time - after a 59 day wait, we were okay with bad news - just desperate for ANY news.) Then he continued, "Oh did I say 'bad news'? I meant 'good news'! The form came today! I have it in my hand and I am on my way the adoption agency!"

Steve had lowered my expectations with his first sinister comment, so he definitely got a loud reaction when I realized what he was saying.... I hugged a parent of one of my students, both of us crying and jumping up and down!

Of course my students wanted to know what was going on, but I wanted to REALLY tell them - not just the 2 minute version. (I haven't told my children anything about the adoption, because I wanted to wait until it felt real.) The bell rang but my students didn't move - they waited! So I said calmly, "Go home and have a great weekend! I'll tell you all about it Tuesday!"

We signed a paper at the agency to validate the fact that our 171H is authentic. We now simply wait to hear we are DTC, dossier to China! We now know we are in the June DTC group and may have a referral as early as January.

We are SO thankful!

Tonight we are going to Grove Park Inn to celebrate with the seafood buffet! I have been saving a gift certificate from some of my school kids for a special occasion! I think this qualifies!
Comments:
Please, explain more in detail
 
I am sorry, it not absolutely approaches me. Perhaps there are still variants?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?