Sunday, May 30, 2004

 

A Great Weekend

We have had the most amazing weekend! Friday night we had a romantic, celebratory dinner at Grove Park, by the windows overlooking the mountains. I think I had four deserts! I was in heaven!

Saturday, we decided to keep on celebrating our happy time, going to downtown Asheville to enjoy the city. We walked to all the hippie places we've been curious about, and then had great hot dogs at the Grove Arcade deli. As we were eating the last few bites, Steve realized we could make it to the movie at the Fine Arts, "Into the Void". It was a great documentary about walking into the unknown, but surviving to tell about it!

Sunday, we had a great time at church and then came home to reality.

You see, I only have a week to finish the manuscript for a three volume book set of fluency texts that Dr. Rasinski and I are doing for Scholastic! OOPS! Fortunately, Steve is helping out immensely and I think we will pull it off. We have until Saturday to have all the holes filled!

No regrets! The weekend has been great! I'll write tomorrow and maybe bake some strawberry/rhubarb tarts!

By the way, I'm going to be a mom!!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?