Thursday, December 30, 2004

 

Christmas is Over and the Suitcases are Out

We had a wonderful Christmas with Steve's daughters. The girls brought gifts that were really fun, especially the baby things. Tian now has a Pooh night light, blanket, knitted hat, and a beautiful sign from Chinatown in NYC with her name in Chinese characters. We had fun playing Malarky, going to a movie "A Series of Unfortunate Events", and knitting. Stephanie is a very accomplished knitter and helped me get back into it. Stephanie had made the baby a sweet yellow hat, so I made a pastel scarf to go with it. Eventually I made another hat matching the scarf. Steve is also trying to learn to knit, but it has been quite the challenge for him thus far.

The time has come to pull out the suitcases and to begin to survey the space available. I pulled the bathroom scales up to the baby's room so I could weigh the suitcases as I pack. I have heard that they cannot be more than 44 lbs. We need to separate our things into a number of satchels in case a suitcase is lost or held up somewhere. So it will be a mammoth task. I have most of the travel items we need for the baby like: medications, diapers, formula, rice cereal, a few bottles, and all kinds of miscellaneous supplies. Steve and I are planning to go very light with clothes, and we haven't even begun to do baby clothes. We need to think layers for the baby-dressing on the trip. Since it is January, the clothing police (Chinese grandmothers) will be on patrol on the streets of China.

This week brought the last appointment with our agency and we filled out our Visa applications for China. We also received a list of all of the paperwork we need to take to China. I think I have most of it together now. This holiday break came at a great time for us to pull last month things together.

Happy New Year to all of you!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?