Monday, December 13, 2004

 

A Long Day Ending in a Spice Aisle

Since we knew "the call" could come today from our agency, Steve cancelled his morning and afternoon writers' groups to sit by the phone - an assignment he took very seriously. Quick shower with the phone just outside the shower... not even a "hi" to our sweet dogs out on the porch. But no call. I left school just after car duty and flew home to relieve him for a few hours. He still waited around until a little after four and went to the grocery store. I laid down to take a nap, woke up, and the phone rang 4:40 p.m.

"Hello this is Carol at CSS! I've tried all day to get a little information for you and this is what I have! I'm breathless - could not believe it! You have a baby born February 15, 2004 named Tian Meng Guan." Wow! So she is real! And I am finally a real little girl's mama!

I tried to ask more questions - but there weren't any answers in Carol's hands. She asked if we wanted to come in tomorrow to see the pictures - the earliest she thought they would be there was 2:30. That is of course when our appointment is at the agency.

Steve! Yep! ... in the spice aisle at Ingles... "Are you kidding me? After I waited ALL day by the phone? YOU get the call! Okay go ahead and tell me all of it!" So Steve heard he was a dad to a little Chinese sweetie in the spice aisle of Ingles!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?