Sunday, May 15, 2005

 

15 Months Old

Today Tian is 15 months old. I can hardly believe it! I asked Steve yesterday if there is actually a phobia about time passing. When Tian reached for the spoon to feed herself spaghetti the other night, I couldn't believe it. She is growing up too fast. She walks all over the place - Steve has counted up to 50 or 60 steps on her own now. She loves to kick a ball, somersault, and play dolls. What a sweetie!

We've had a great weekend together. The three of us went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast - Tian had her grits! She is such a good southern girl! Then we went to look at parks around the city, finding one near a soccer field where some of my past students were playing. She hugged and kissed a very dirty soccer ball for a while and then went on to swing on the playground. She loves to swing.

But my favorite moment of the weekend came yesterday evening, when the sky began to darken after supper. A storm was approaching. So Tian and I went out on the front porch to watch it roll in, Tian in her little white rocker and me in the big red one. Steve soon joined us. It was so quiet and peaceful. Then the thunder began and each roll sent Tian into clapping with a big smile on her face. As it began to rain, she listened. Steve finally took her out into the rain and she just loved it! She came back to me in the rocker and just sat quietly listening to the peaceful sounds of nature. It might be my most precious moment yet!

Every day one of us, Steve or me, turn to each other and say... "isn't this the best thing we have ever done"?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?